Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Journey begins...

Ok, growing up as a lil girl all the stories I was told included this fair maiden being rescued by her one true love, her knight in shining armor, her Prince Charming...
Do you think this did a lil damage? Skewed my perception of "love" in some sort? Of course!
I fell hook, line & sinker for this fairy tale, and spent my life on the search for my "one true love"
"Snow White & the Seven Dwarves"
"Cinderella" meeting her Prince Charming
The kiss from her true love
to wake "Sleeping Beauty"
Saved by her Prince - "Enchanted"











Cut to 34 years old, sitting in a dark theater with my mom, catching myself smiling ridiculously while watching "Enchanted"  - ahhhh love, full of songs & birds chirping...yes, I was still on my search...


I still believed...kinda...


Now don't get me wrong, I'd had my fun, my flings, my hopeless crushes, my unrequited loves, but had not yet been swept off my feet by a man on a horse.
And I was holding tight to this belief that that was how it worked - thank you Mr. Disney.


I tried my hand at online dating, personals in the paper (before the dawn of match.com), blind dates, & my favorite, speed dating.
Sometimes fun, sometimes painful, sometimes a really great story to tell the girls over cocktails.
I even flew to another country to find my prince, only to learn he lived at home with mom!! (a detail I would have preferred to know before boarding)


All of this endless searching lead me to a phone call about getting over a break-up, (which I was not really trying to do, I was trying to get over a CRUSH) & I heard the guest host speaking about how men can sense your energy, no matter how dolled up you got, they could sense my desperation - OH NO! (& so true!)


Cue my new dating GURU - Marni Battista. I knew I had to work with her after she called me out on all my goo after taking the D-Factor (Date-ability) test.


Datingwithdignity.com
Now having worked with Marni for over a year, I have come to be the happiest I've been in my life AND wouldn't you know that's precisely when HE road in... 


Our story begins...






No comments:

Post a Comment